• This votive chapel was built in 1931, as a thanksgiving to God by the parishioners of Medjugorje, so that God would protect them from bad weather. This chapel was used for a long time as the outside altar where Holy Masses were celebrated when the church was not safe.
• Archbishop Msgr. Aldo Cavalli, the Apostolic Visitor with the special role for Medjugorje parish, and Fr. Marinko Šakota, decided to rename this votive chapel as the Chapel of Life, where the statue of Our Lady, Queen of Peace, holding the child Jesus in her arms is located. The chapel was blessed by Archbishop Aldo Cavalli in 2022.
(Source: Information Center Mir Medjugorje)